Anthropology Field School Scholarship
The Department of Anthropology will provide modest financial support for Colorado State University anthropology undergraduate and graduate students to support CSU archaeology and paleontology field school endeavors. Funds shall be used to help cover necessary expenses associated with field school costs including tuition and supplies. Scholarships are made on a competitive basis.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a full-time graduate or undergraduate student enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts,
- Have an overall and in major 3.0 GPA,
- And must be enrolled in one of the anthropology field school courses:
- Archaeology Field School: ANTH 260, ANTH 460/660 (summer course)
- Paleontology Field School: ANTH 470 (summer course)
Applications are due March 31 by 11:59 p.m. MST.
Applications must be e-mailed to Katie.Horton@colostate.edu with:
- Your name, CSU ID, and the CSU field school you would like to attend,
- Your transcript,
- And a 1,000-word essay describing the chosen program of study, your interest in the specific program, how the completion of the program will further your career goals, and how you expect to be affected by participation in such work.
Requirements of the scholarship include:
Within seven (7) days of your return, submit a brief report (1-2 pages) describing what you accomplished and learned to Katie.Horton@colostate.edu. Pictures (3+) with captions must be attached to the report.
A committee appointed by the Department of Anthropology Chair shall select the recipient(s). Applicants will be informed of the selection by April 15.