The Cultural Anthropology Scholarship was established in April 2011 to celebrate the life of Dr. Esther Pressel, a professor of Anthropology at Colorado State University. This scholarship will recognize cultural anthropology students who demonstrate the inquisitive, active and exploratory nature of learning that she herself embodied. Esther Pressel taught at CSU from 1968 to 2003.
To be eligible, you must:
- be majoring in Anthropology in the College of Liberal Arts,
- be enrolled as an undergraduate,
- in need of financial aid,
- maintain an overall GPA of 3.5,
- have a cultural anthropology concentration,
- and embody the active, exploratory and inquisitive nature of learning that Dr. Pressel instilled on her students during her time at CSU.
To apply, complete the Colorado State University Scholarship Application (CSUSA). A committee appointed by the Anthropology Department Chair shall select the recipient(s). The Department Chair and office staff will request applications from all eligible students through e-mail communication.