Amanda Jones Field Study Abroad Award
In honor alumna, Amanda (Mandy) Jones, the Department of Anthropology is pleased to invite applications for the Amanda Jones Field Study Abroad Award. Amanda was an anthropology major with a keen interest in applied work. Her desire was to learn about other cultures by working in conjunction with communities to build sustainable futures. She participated in a field program for applied anthropology in Peru and found the experience to be one of the best of her undergraduate career, one that took her beyond the borders of the United States and brought to life her anthropology training. The Amanda Jones Award will provide $5,000 to defer costs of an international field school or program in applied anthropology.
To be eligible for the award, you must:
- have completed 15 credits of an anthropology major at Colorado State University,
- identified an international field school or academic program that features applied anthropology,
- and complete a 1,500 word essay. In your essay, you must describe:
- - the chosen program of study,
- - your interest in the specific locale of the program,
- - how the completion of the program will further your career goals,
- - and how you expect to be affected by participation in such work.
Applications are due March 31 by 11:59 p.m. MST.
Applications must be typed in a Microsoft Word document and e-mailed to Katie.Horton@colostate.edu with:
- Your name, CSU ID, and the field school or academic program that you would like to attend,
- Your transcript,
- And your 1,500 word essay.
Requirements of the award include:
Within seven (7) days of your return, submit a brief report (1-2 pages) describing what you accomplished and learned to Katie.Horton@colostate.edu. Pictures (3+) with captions must be attached to the report.
A committee appointed by the Department of Anthropology Chair shall select the recipient(s). Applicants will be informed of the selection by April 15.