In honor alumna, Amanda (Mandy) Jones, the Department of Anthropology is pleased to invite applications for the Amanda Jones Field Study Abroad Award. Amanda was an anthropology major with a keen interest in applied work. Her desire was to learn about other cultures by working in conjunction with communities to build sustainable futures. She participated in a field program for applied anthropology in Peru and found the experience to be one of the best of her undergraduate career, one that took her beyond the borders of the United States and brought to life her anthropology training. The Amanda Jones Award will provide $5,000 to defer costs of an international field school or program in applied anthropology.
To be eligible for the award, you must:
- have completed 15 credits of an anthropology major at Colorado State University,
- identified an international field school or academic program that features applied anthropology,
- and complete a 1,500 word essay. In your essay, you must describe:
- -the chosen program of study,
- -your interest in the specific locale of the program,
- -how the completion of the program will further your career goals,
- -and how you expect to be affected by participation in such work.
Applications are due March 31 by 11:59 p.m. MST.
To apply, please e-mail Katie.Horton@colostate.edu with:
- your transcript,
- the field school or academic program that you would like to attend,
- and your 1,500 word essay.
The Department Chair and office staff request applications from all eligible students through e-mail communication. A committee appointed by the Department of Anthropology Chair shall select the recipient(s).